We’re selective about the formulas we use on our hair, skin, and nails. The Spotlyte 7 highlights recently-released and/or noteworthy products you can add to your makeup bag, one day at a time. Let’s go shopping!
According to anecdotal consensus, the act of deep-cleaning — be it that overflowing junk drawer, your pores, or matted, week-old hair — is undeniably satisfying. The beauty industry is listening; these days, there’s a product to detox virtually any area (armpits? check). From debris-summoning clay masks to micellar- infused hair mousse, we’ve compiled seven formulas guaranteed to renew your face, body, and hair to a cleaner, clearer state. (We feel relief just thinking about it.)
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Exfoliating Clay Mask
- 98% of women agreed skin felt smooth and soft with a fresh look and feel
- Skin is left looking refreshed, glowing and appears virtually blackhead free
The Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Exfoliating Clay Mask relies on two pore-purging methods: natural exfoliating granules to physically slough away impurities, and salicylic acid to chemically loosen and remove dead, dull skin cells. We love applying the cream across the T-zone, where oilier pores tend to lurk.
Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Underarm Detox Mask
- HELPS SWITCH TO NATURAL. This revolutionary treatment mask uniquely shortens the transition to natural deodorant
- DETOXIFIES THE UNDERARM. Deeply exfoliates and detoxifies the underarm area to help draw impurities, metals and build-up to the surface
If your armpits look like they could use a facial due to razor bumps and uneven tone, consider the Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Underarm Detox Mask. The aptly-named formula works to clarify the often-neglected area via charcoal and malic acid. Brush on once or twice per week to nix pore-blocking products (like deodorant).
Caudalie Instant Detox Mask
- Purifies stressed city dwelling skin
- Cleanses skin impurities and excess sebum
The Caudalie Instant Detox Mask contains papaya enzymes for gentle chemical exfoliation plus bentonite clay to thwart sebum and dirt. If you’re concerned about overdrying, rest assured: this mask contains glycerin to keep skin supple.
Bumble and BumbleTM Scalp Detox
- Delivers medium hold to tresses.
- Stimulates blood circultation to scalp.
The Bumble and BumbleTM Scalp Detox addresses the skin below your hair. The moussey formula contains micellar water to draw impurities (including that week-old dry shampoo buildup) away from the scalp. Salicylic acid helps break up stubborn residue. The result: bouncier, more voluminous hair.
Origins Warm Down Warming Lava Scrub to Detox and Smooth
If you’re partial to sensorial skincare experiences, don’t miss the Origins Warm Down Warming Lava Scrub to Detox and Smooth. The aptly-named exfoliating cleanser heats upon contact with skin — which not only feels nice, but also helps to open the pores for a deeper clean.
Dr. Dennis Gross Pro Facial Steamer
- WHAT IT IS: Look like you’ve spent a weekend at the spa in only 9 minutes. This professional device delivers micro-steam technology to infuse skin with hydration, clarify the complexion, and detox skin, leaving an immediate healthy radiance. No pamper routine is complete without it.
- WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU: Bring the spa into your home with this professional steamer. The Pro Facial Steamer is ideal for all skin types, especially those with dehydrated skin and enlarged pores. Relax and indulge yourself, as luxurious micro-steam technology hydrates and purifies the skin in one simple step, revealing a dewy and soothed complexion in as quickly as 9 minutes.
If you’ve ever had a professional facial, you’ve probably noticed your estheticians use a steamer before getting to work. This is because most products work best when pores are open. The Dr. Dennis Gross Pro Facial Steamer similarly ensures your skin is primed for masking — no esthetician visit required. Simply allow the warm steam to wash over your face as it works its pore-purging magic.
Herbivore Detox Soaking Salts
- Herbivore Botanicals Detox Soaking Salts. Pacific Sea Salts infuse bath water with vitamins and minerals. An aromatherapeutic blend of eucalyptus and lavender refresh the senses for a truly luxurious bathing experience.
- Soothe the Body and Mind. Create a spa-like atmosphere at home. A unique blend of salts and oils hydrates and softens dry skin and infuses the air with an invigorating woody, minty aroma.
For a full body skin detox, try the Herbivore Detox Soaking Salts. Despite their demure appearance, these salts pack punch, thanks to pore-clearing blue clay. Not to mention, they’re infused with calming eucalyptus oil, so the whole experience feels like a treat.