While we fully support wearing red lipstick all year round —not just for the holidays! — winter is one of our favorite times to sport the shade. A red lip just pops against white snow, and it looks truly chic paired with cold-weather accessories. We have to admit, however, that it’s challenging to choose just the right hue for the endless parties that come with this time of year. If you feel the same, we’re here to help! Save yourself the hassle and some much-needed time with a range of universally-flattering shades and rich formulas that are sure to please both you and your pout.
Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge D’Armani Matte Lipstick in Lucky Red
- High concentration of pigments takes matte to new heights, dressing lips in more even, extreme color and maximum coverage
- Light-diffusing gel allows for a rich matte finish that looks smooth and supple, rather than dry
This matte red from Giorgio Armani Beauty will add a touch of class to any look. The formula has nearly six thousand “likes” on Sephora’s website from consumers who hail it for being non-drying (and even moisturizing).
Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge Drama
- POWDERY MATTE FINISH - Where luxury meets bold with our newly renovated formula. L'Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick is the ultimate bold matte lipstick powered by pure pigments for a vibrant and matte finish.
- LUXURY MEETS BOLD - L'Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick is the ultimate lipstick powered by pure pigments for a vibrant and matte finish.
The pure pigments do indeed deliver a vibrant, matte finish that’s second to none. The enriched formula containing Rose Extracts and Hyaluronic acid is a game-changer, providing our lips with lasting moisture and comfort. Despite its rich intensity, it felt incredibly light and comfortable to wear for up to 12 hours. The color payoff was remarkable, bringing an instant drama to our lips in just a single stroke. We would highly recommend this lipstick for anyone seeking a long-lasting, comfortable, and stunning lip color.
Christian Dior Rouge Dior Couture Lipstick
- Rouge Dior is the Dior lipstick with couture colors
- True floral lip care, it is enriched with red peony and pomegranate flower extracts of natural origin
We’ve found the Christian Dior Rouge Dior Couture Lipstick to be a true game-changer in the realm of premium cosmetics. The couture colors, drawn from a palette of 75 bold shades, lend a unique versatility, catering to every mood and occasion. The various finishes – satin, matte, metallic, or velvet – allow for a tailored look each time.
However, what truly sets this lipstick apart is its enriching formula, featuring red peony and pomegranate flower extracts. Besides imparting a rich color, it doubles as a lip care product, leaving the lips feeling nourished and pampered. Indeed, Rouge Dior is more than just a lipstick; it’s an experience.
Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Love Bite
This charming maraschino cherry shade from Charlotte Tilbury ($34) boasts a creamy finish so shiny, it could rival lip gloss. But instead of a frustrating gooey or sticky texture, it’s smooth and creamy to the touch (so your hair won’t get stuck in it).
Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge Drama Ink
- LIGHTWEIGHT. ALL DAY WEAR. SEMI MATTE LIPSTICK.
- LONG-LASTING & SMUDGE RESISTANT. Each lipstick has an ultra-creamy texture which glides seamlessly over the lips and sets to a smudge resistant lip color with no bleeding into the lip line.
We’ve found the Lancome L’Absolu Rouge to be a true game-changer in the realm of lip care products. The ultra-pigmented, lightweight formula glides effortlessly on the lips, providing a vibrant and lasting color that sees us through the day. Its semi-matte finish is a stylish addition to any look, and what truly sets it apart is the non-drying aspect of this liquid lipstick. It feels ultralight and comfortable, making it feel as if we’re not wearing anything at all. Applying it is a breeze too, with the innovative applicator ensuring a smooth finish. This product comes highly recommended from us for those seeking a high-quality, long-lasting lip color.
MAC Cosmetics Powder Kiss Lipstick in Lasting Passion
- Blending out edges of matte lipstick for a hazy effect
- Blurs lines and smooths lips
This lipstick from MAC Cosmetics’s new collection is perfect for obtaining a softer finish that’s a little smudgy and very sexy. This vibrant blue-red is perfect for adding a festive touch to everything from shopping to soirees.
Ilia Color Block High-Impact Lipstick in Flame
- A clean color, high pigment, and performance driven
- This is a long-wearing, truly hydrating lipstick which provides full coverage in just one swipe
Fans of this fiery shade from green beauty brand Ilia love it for its lack of synthetic fragrances and abundance of pigment. The creamy, longwearing formula is practically begging to be worn on bold occasions.
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture The Slim Matte Lipstick in Mystery Red
- This comfortable, smooth matte formula is infused with blurring technology
- It softens the look of lips while delivering sheer lip color for a natural makeup look
This slick stick from Yves Saint Laurent is like a lipstick and liner in one unique package. Use the sharp edge to outline, then fill in to your desired intensity. This coral-red shade in particular strikes the perfect balance between posh and playful.