When it comes to lavish holiday gatherings, you have to give credit where credit is due: the hosts and hostesses. They put a lot of effort and care into making sure everything is just right, from tasty canapes to memorable conversation. Show your appreciation and give them something to look forward to when the evening commences. These treasures go beyond the typical bottle of wine or flowers — and any of these gifts will guarantee you’re invited back for years to come.
Best Hostess Gifts For Holiday
Fresh Sugar® Jetsetter
Fresh lip balms have become a beauty staple due to their nourishing benefits and flattering tints. This postage-marked set from the brand’s travel-inspired holiday collection ($45) contains five bestsellers — along with an extra-pampering Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment to keep lips in prime condition all season long. These formulas get an extra stamp of approval from us for containing SPF.
Jo Malone® London Miniature Candle Collection
- Jo Malone London Mini Candle Collection
- What it is: A limited-edition set of five miniature candles to transform the atmosphere of your home.
Give them the gift of luminescence with this festive candle collection from Jo Malone London ($100), featuring five signature scents ranging from sweet to savory. We especially love the smells of Warm Sweet Almond & Macaroon (smells like cookies!) and Festive Frosted Cherry & Clove for cozying up on cold winter nights.
Molton Brown® Stocking Fillers Christmas Gift Collection
- Hand Cream trio keeps winter hands nourished and perfumed with iconic fragrances
- Delight hosts with a choice of smouldering spice,uplifting citrus and tempting fruity moisturisers enriched with shea butter
This limited-edition library of shower gels from Molton Brown ($50) is a bath lover’s dream. Many of the scents — among them Re-charge Black Pepper, Tobacco Absolute and Russian Leather — are also gender-neutral so she can share with her S.O. should she feel extra generous. Oh, and the cherry red box also comes equipped with a bow so you don’t need to worry about wrapping it before you head out the door.
La Mer® The Hydrating Collection
La Mer has developed a cult following of beauty enthusiasts (including many celebrities) for its creamy, ultra-moisturizing formulas. This set in particular ($75) includes the brand’s beloved Body Crème and Lip Balm, nestled neatly inside a metallic clutch.
Hermès® Deluxe Replica Coffret Set
- Fragrance Family: Earthy & Woody Scent Type: Classic Woods Key Notes: Grapefruit Accord, Black Peppers, Flint Fragrance Description: The strength of citrus fruits and peppers combined with a note of flint reveal the trace of earth. About the Fragrance: Terre d’Hermès narrates the relationship between man and earth, his humble and harmonious dialogue with the elements and nature. Terre d’Hermès is the perfume that connects man to his origins, to the source of his creative power.
- Suggested Usage: -Fragrance is intensified by the warmth of your own body. Apply in the creases of your knees and elbows for a longer-lasting, stronger scent.
Spoil them with designer goods via this coffret of scents from Hermes ($50). It contains Eau des Merveilles Eau de Toilette, Twilly d’Hermès Eau de Parfum, Eau De Rhubarbe Ecarlate Eau de Cologne and Miniature Dabbers in Jour d’Hermès Eau de Parfum. Each is .25 oz., so they’ll especially suit the jetsetting hostess in your life.
Bobbi Brown® Glow-Getter Set
- Bobbi Brown Face and Cheek Palette - Light
- Size 0.51 oz/ 15.1 g
Gifting someone cosmetics can be tricky. After all, choosing the right colors based on skin tones and personal preferences is part of what makes makeup shopping so personal. That’s why we were excited to discover this plush pouch from Bobbi Brown ($65), which unzips to reveal five party essentials — including a full-size tube of the brand’s Crushed Lip Color in Grenadine — in universally-flattering shades.
L’Occitane® Holiday Hand Cream Trio
- Protects, nourishes and moisturizes hands Leaves hands soft and smooth with no oily traces^Massage this silky treatment into hands to counter dryness as often as needed ^Essence Readers Choice Beauty Awards October 2012
Perfect for the teacher or creator in your life, this set from L’Occitane ($29) features three shea butter-infused creams for keeping hands hydrated and healthy despite overuse and low temperatures. We’re especially loving the Whipped Delight Tea Light Hand Cream, which goes on light, is soft to the touch, and has a subtle tea scent.
Oribe Cote d’ Azur® Incense
Oribe is bringing the luxury many have experienced with its haircare to the rest of the home with incense ($65), infused with the brand’s signature Cote d’Azur fragrance. Each set — which contains 50 sticks and a chic gold holder — is crafted on the Awaji island of Japan.