Remember when you were a kid and you spent so much time thinking about what new toy to put on your holiday wish list (and dreamed about that look of jealousy when you showed off your cool new toy to your friends)? As we get older, the toys we fantasize about might change, but that feeling of unwrapping a cool, new gadget never fades.
The good news is that grown-up toys don’t have to be vacuum cleaners and kitchen mixers (though, if anyone wants to buy me a Dyson® anything, I won’t object). In 2018, your bathroom can be as tricked out as your home theater. All of the new beauty devices on the market bring your grooming routines into the future, with technology helping you look your absolute best.
Whether you want best beauty devices holiday, these modern marvels scratch that new-toy itch year round. Give any of these to your most beauty-obsessed friend or — better yet — yourself.
Best Beauty Devices Holiday
Foreo® Luna Cleansing Brush
- SPA-LEVEL FACIAL CLEANSING - LUNA 3 cleansing brush gently and effectively cleanses your skin in just 1 minute. Register the device and reward yourself with a luxurious spa treatment that removes all impurities, yet preserves skin elasticity
- TARGETED FIRMING MASSAGE - Sync your LUNA 3 with the FOREO app to explore a range of firming massages and control intensity of T-Sonic pulsations. Each massage routine targets specific areas to reduce wrinkles and sagging and boost product absorption
If a device can be a triple threat, the Foreo Luna Cleansing Brush ($169) fits the bill. It uses sonic pulses as it cleanses, which removes deep-set dirt and oil, plus helps tighten pores and control breakouts. The targeted “scrubby side (seen above) is specially designed to help gently slough away any grime. The Foreo’s second impressive feat is that it features an anti-aging device on the reverse side. Use this after cleansing to help to firm skin, reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and even help your serums and creams absorb more easily.
Ziip Beauty® Nano Current Device
- AT-HOME SKIN TREA ENT - Complete your at-home ZIIP skin treatment by using our Conductive Gel before each ZIIP facial device treatment for unlimited facial treatments and lasting results
- FREE OF PARABENS, SILICONE & OIL - Golden Gel is packed with superhero actives chosen to fill and firm the skin without the use of parabens, silicone or oil
Have you ever gotten a microcurrent facial and wished you could get the same results at home? Me too. That’s where the Ziip Beauty Nano Current Device ($495) comes in. This little pod — which looks and feels like a computer mouse — delivers an electric current treatment similar to the one that you’d get at the facialist. When the two nodes on the device are pressed to your skin, they send an electrical current beneath the surface. This helps with everything from tightening and smoothing to improving skin tone.
Furthermore, you can pair it with an app, so you customize the exact treatment (and results) you want. Expect routines for sensitive skin, brightening, clarifying, and more. Ziip truly lives up to its name: it’s one of the quickest ways I’ve found to visibly improve my skin’s appearance at home.
Simplehuman® Sensor Mirror
- TRU-LUX LIGHT SYSTEM - At 550 lux and with a color rendering index (CRI) of 90, the tru-lux light system closely simulates natural sunlight's full color spectrum to show every detail.
- SENSOR ON/OFF - Automatically lights up as your face approaches the mirror — no need to touch any buttons.
Unlike traditional lighted mirrors, the Simplehuman Sensor Mirror($200) uses LED lights to mimic natural sunlight. That allows you to be sure that how you look in its reflection is exactly how you look when you step out of your house. The device is rechargeable, cordless, and magnified — plus, it lights up automatically if it senses your face. We wouldn’t be surprised if you brought it with you on every getaway, because it’s that good.
Colgate® Smart Electronic Toothbrush E1
- Smart toothbrush guides you to brush better: Connected, bluetooth toothbrush targets spots that need extra love
- Win-win situation: Improve your brushing while earning points toward rewards
Believe it or not, you can now buy a toothbrush at the Apple store. The Colgate® Smart Electronic Toothbrush E1 ($100) is the first toothbrush to be sold at the tech retailer, and for good reason. It uses sonic waves for a deep clean and Artificial Intelligence to track your brushing habits. It’s like having a dentist give you real-time advice on how to brush better without the visit to an office.
Your brushing data is uploaded to an app, which then makes a computerized model of your mouth and monitors how effectively you’re brushing. (Yes, really!) It then recommends ways to improve your brushing to increase your overall oral health. There’s even a special version of the app for kids, which makes this brush a perfect gift for anyone in your family.
BeautyBio® GloPro Microneedling Facial Regeneration Tool
- ust pump and glide the cooling, contoured metal tip to deliver color-correcting luminizers that neutralize dark circles on all skin tones and the silkiest under eye jojoba makeup primer so you can crease less and smile more
- Active vitamin C and our plant-powered retinol alternative work as hard as you do to smooth, brighten and firm while active hyaluronic acid and vegan squalane for 24-hours of hydrated under eye luminosity
Microneedling is one of those effective (albeit slightly frightening-sounding) treatments that was always better left to the professionals, until the BeautyBio GloPro® Microneedling Facial Regeneration Tool ($199) came along. The stainless steel roller is covered in tiny needles that, when rolled over your skin, trigger the skin’s natural response to create more collagen in order to repair itself. As an added feature, this device features a red LED light that helps curb inflammation caused by the rolling. You can even swap the needle roller out for the GloPRO’s interchangeable heads, which includes a quartz roller, eye tool, and all-over body device.
Keep It Cool® Skincare Fridge
- Convenient + lightweight: The Cooluli classic 4-liter thermo-electric Cooler/warmer mini fridge sports a matte finish and a modern profile that’s perfectly portable. This unit measures: 7. 25" W x 10. 25" D x 10. 75" H and Weighs 4 lbs.Fresh Food Capacity: 4 liters
- Multiple functions + uses: the classic 4-l is super-versatile. Use it anywhere to store food, drinks, beer, snacks, Breast milk, Insulin, skincare and medications
If you’re shopping for the beauty fanatic that seems to have everything, I bet there is one thing they don’t have: a skincare fridge! The Keep It Cool Skincare Fridge ($150) is specifically designed to house all of your skincare products in one adorable mini fridge. This mini-fridge is perfectly designed to keep your products fresh, your sheet masks cold, and your quartz roller primed for de-puffing. It even has a built-in window, which means it’s perfect for a #shelfie without wasting any energy. Bonus: This means you can take all of your favorite formulas out of your regular fridge.
Neutrogena® Light Therapy Mask
- 2-ounces of Neutrogena Stubborn Acne AM Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, a dermatologist proven ingredient, works all day to help eliminate stubborn breakouts and reduce redness
- With a vanishing formula, this daytime acne face treatment reduces size and redness of acne in just 4 hours with a dermatologist-recommended approach. The oil-free treatment is suitable for daily use on full face, not just breakouts
It’s been clinically shown that LED light therapy can improve skin: red lights can reduce inflammation and blue lights can kill acne-causing bacteria. The Neutrogena Light Therapy Mask ($30) uses both in an at-home version that you can do yourself in just 10 minutes. With daily use, it can reduce redness, curb breakouts, and reveal visibly improved skin. The mask comes with an activator, which is pre-loaded with 30 treatments (one for every day of a month). Once those run out, refills are available so you can keep using the mask over and over.
ReFa CAXA M1
- Quick Release Lift: Together, the precisely-angled Seagull CAXA line and four miniature rollers replicate the friction (or scooping) and kneading methods of professional estheticians to help quickly and visibly reduce puffiness and fascial distortion for sharper, more enhanced-looking features. Known as Quick Release Lift, this technique is a modification of the Release Lift action pioneered by the ReFa CAXA RAY and the ReFa CAXA.
- Four Kneading Rollers: Just like a gentle massage with four fingers, two pairs of miniature rollers replicate the kneading technique used by estheticians – and cover a remarkably wide surface area in a single roll.
Facial rolling is extremely popular, and while jade rollers are monopolizing the conversation, the ReFa CAXA M1 ($99) takes it to a whole new level. The device delivers gentle microcurrents into your skin (to improve circulation), and because it’s solar-powered, you never have to charge it. The unique shape is ergonomically designed to glide over every inch of your face, and the cooling platinum de-puffs and smooths while firming. You can use it with the facial serum or oil of your choice — just be sure to roll regularly for best results.
Dr. Dennis Gross SkincareTM Pro Facial Steamer
- WHAT IT IS: Look like you’ve spent a weekend at the spa in only 9 minutes. This professional device delivers micro-steam technology to infuse skin with hydration, clarify the complexion, and detox skin, leaving an immediate healthy radiance. No pamper routine is complete without it.
- WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU: Bring the spa into your home with this professional steamer. The Pro Facial Steamer is ideal for all skin types, especially those with dehydrated skin and enlarged pores. Relax and indulge yourself, as luxurious micro-steam technology hydrates and purifies the skin in one simple step, revealing a dewy and soothed complexion in as quickly as 9 minutes.
If you’re prone to dry skin, congested pores, or both, it’s worth testing out the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Pro Facial Steamer ($149). This device delivers a soothing and clarifying steam bath in the comfort of your own home. By softening your skin in as little as nine minutes, the device helps make exfoliation easier and gentler, allows cleansers to penetrate pores deeper, and promotes more thorough absorption of serums. Sure, you could put your face over a pot of boiling water, but using this is much more fun and better for your skin, since it uses gentler, “microsteam technology.