While the vast majority of people see straight hair as the new norm in terms of beauty, there are still plenty of women that look much sexier with curly hair. It seems that the only moment when we see curly hair is at a special event such as a fancy party. This should not be the case since curly hair is still sexy and there are a lot of women that are aware of this.
The problem is that there are a lot of women who have naturally straight hair yet wish to have it curly. The only solution is to use a curling wand. They are basically the opposite of flat iron hair straighteners. This means that they use heat to get the hair to have a certain shape. By now, it should be easy to understand how they work. Fortunately, there are plenty of models to choose from. They all work the same, and they are quite inexpensive.
For our list today we have picked 10 different curling wands. Finding them was rather challenging since there are thousands of different models available. There are brands that have more than one, thus making it increasingly difficult to limit the list to just 10. For now, let’s get right to the list of the top 10 best curling wand reviews.
Best Curling Wand Reviews 2023
Conair YOU Big Waves Ceramic Wand
- Fast and easy, with no kinks! Create beautiful loose curls and waves with the Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Wand; 1 3/4-inch to 1-inch
- Conical barrel tapers from 1 3/4-inch to 1-inch; simply wrap hair around barrel for fast, natural waves
Conair YOU Big Waves curling wand is a great option for women that have a limited budget. It is inexpensive and comes with a premium build. The model uses high-quality creaming for the wand that protects the hair.
According to the product specifications, it can heat up in about 30 seconds which is quite fast. It has auto-off safety features and an insulated sleeve included in the kit. The model uses a clap-free design that protects the hair and leads to less damage and less hair loss. It is easy to use and quite small, making it travel-friendly.
Remington CI96X1B T|Studio Silk Ceramic Wide Styling Wand
- Color May Vary
- 1 Inch to 1 1 to 2 Inch styling wand for professional tight and loose curls
Remington CI96X1B is a popular pick for women who like large curls and a bigger hair volume. The curling wand has a simple design with just an on and off button and an advanced ceramic barrel. The ceramic coating will offer better results, and it will cause less damage to them.
In terms of performance, the model heads up to 410 degrees in about 30 seconds. It has a compact design, and it even comes with a heat-resistant sleeve to keep it safe and avoid injuries.
Revlon Bold Expressions Flipperless Curling Wand
- Cone Shaped Barrel for loose, natural looking curls
- 3X Ceramic Coating for less damage
The Revlon Bold Expressions curling wand is a great and inexpensive product. It has a simple design using a superior ceramic barrel. The cone shape barrel can create curls of various sizes and causes less damage than the classic curly wands.
The model has auto shut-off features and heats up quite fast. As with other models, the kit includes a thermic-resistant sleeve and features a tangle-free cord. Last but not least, the product was designed to protect the hair as much as possible from damage caused by heat.
Hot Tools HTBW1852 Curly-Q Tapered Nanoceramic Curling Iron
- FLIPPERLESS BARREL: 3/4 to 1-1/4” barrel size for tousled curls or waves
- NANO CERAMIC: Provides a superior snag free styling surface to create smooth styles and reduce hair frizz
Hot Tools HTBW1852 is a professional-grade curling want. It was a product that offered fast results with minimal effort. Its higher price might seem like a turnoff, but it is still within the affordable range.
Similar to other curling wands, the model has an auto shut-off feature and a simple switch to turn it on. It has a power indicator and a premium ceramic barrel. It has a swivel-free cord, and it comes bundled with a thermal-resistant sleeve.
REMINGTON Shine Therapy Curling Wand
- Ceramic Infusion Technology: Combines antioxidant-rich Argan Oil with protein-rich Keratin for even, consistent heat performance and a smooth, radiant shine.
- 30 Second Heat Up: Save time in your styling routine.
The REMINGTON Shine is a professional-grade curling wand that comes with a premium build. It uses an advanced keratin-infused barrel and a clip-free design. Not having a clip means the hair is damaged less in the process.
In terms of performance, the model can heat up to 410 degrees in less than 30 seconds. It offers multiple heat settings which is something that many other models have, and it includes a heat-resistant glove. The model is very easy to use, and due to its compact form factor, it is also travel-friendly.
Babyliss Pro BABNT125TB Professional Nano Titanium ConiCurl Iron Styler
- The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Conicurl Curling Iron features Nano titanium technology & a tapered barrel for flexible styling. Work with larger or smaller sections of hair to customize your style!
- The Nano titanium barrel offers even heat distribution without hot spots. Negative ions leave locks smooth & shiny.
Babyliss is one of the brands that everyone is familiar with. Their BABNT125TB curling want is a great choice for the ones that have a limited budget. This inexpensive model uses their proprietary Sol-gel technology and an advanced nano titanium barrel.
As with other models, the Babyliss does not have a clip; thus, it causes less hair damage. Heating up to 450 degrees takes less than 30 seconds which is more of a standard. The heat level can be adjusted and for safety reasons, the model comes with an automatic shut-off feature.
Conair Tourmaline Infiniti Pro Ceramic Curling Wand
- Ceramic Curling Wand: Instantly create defined to free flowing curls and beachy waves by wrapping your hair around this clamp free curling wand featuring a tapered barrel to make a variety of twisted spirals with no kinks or creases
- Frizz Fighting Control: Tourmaline Ceramic technology controls frizz for silky shiny hair, and provides ultra high, even heat up to 400 degrees F with no damaging hot spots.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
The Conair Tourmaline Infiniti Pro ceramic curling wand is a great option for women that want fast results and do not wish to spend too much on it. It is a simple curling want that can heat up to 400 degrees in 30 seconds. The barrel of the model comes with a ceramic coating and has a clip-free design.
For safety reasons, the model comes with an automatic shut-off feature. It includes a heat-resistant sleeve, and it offers multiple heat levels. The model is easy to use, and it is travel friendly.
xtava Satin Wave 5-in-1 Curler
- Power Output: Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels RMS: 14 watts x 4 channels / Controls Spotify and Pandora AM/FM tuner with 18FM/6AM presets
- CD/CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV Playback MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC Playback via USB Compatible with Apple iPhone 6/6+ and iOS 8 software
The xtava Satin Wave curling want offers a great deal for the money. Even if it is a bit more expensive than average the kit comes with no less than 5 different curling irons. All of them are coated to protect the hair, and out of the 5, 2 curling irons have a clip-free design.
The product was made to heat up to 410 degrees in less than 30 seconds. Its detachable curling irons make it easy to store. This recommends it as a travel-friendly curling want.
Perfectwo Studio Salon Collection Digital Ceramic Curling Wand
- ceramic technology for the smoothest salon finish ever
- PTC heater,LED display
Perfectwo Studio Salon Collection curling wand is close to what some would call a professional product. The model uses an advanced ceramic coating for the barrel that protects the hair and accelerates the heating. It actually takes about 30 seconds to heat it up.
As with other models, the Perfectwo has an automatic shut-off feature after 60 minutes. It comes with a LED display that indicates the temperature and a button that allows the user to select how hot the barrel should get.
Remington CI95AC2 T|Studio Salon Collection Pearl Digital Ceramic Curling Wand
- Professional Pearl Ceramic for less damage and fast, salon results
- Ceramic Coating: Even, consistent heat. Heat up time is 30 seconds
The Remington CI95AC2 is by far the most popular model on our list. What made it to become the pick of choice for so many is the low price tag and the excellent performance.
According to the manufacturers, the want heats up from 0 to 410 degrees in less than 30 seconds. Due to its clip-free design, the model will cause less hair damage. Last but not least, the curling wand has been equipped with safety features.
Curling wands are nearly identical in some cases. Truth be told, there isn’t much to innovate. All of them have a heating element and a barrel that will be used to get those curls. This does change a bit when it comes to the coating of that barrel. Ceramic-coated ones seem to offer better results, they heat faster, and they cause less hair damage.
For our list, we decided to go with simple and inexpensive models as well as premium and professional-grade curling wands. All of them are within the affordable range, and all of them are worth taking into consideration.