We’re selective about the formulas we use on our hair, skin, and nails. The Spotlyte 7TM highlights recently-released and/or noteworthy products you can add to your makeup bag, one day at a time. Let’s go shopping.
Toothbrushes, like deodorant, have a reputation for feeling clinical, utilitarian, and far from sexy — which is a shame, considering we have to interact with them twice a day, every day, indefinitely. So, we searched for the buzziest toothbrushes on the market, and emerged with a trove of goodies. From a brush created by a celebrity dentist, to a silicone-bristled beauty, seven of the snazziest brushes you’ll want to invest in, stat. (And once you do, pair it with one of these equally spiced-up toothpaste formulas.) Happy brushing!
Best Luxury Toothbrush
ISSA® 2 Toothbrush
- 4-in-1 COMPLETE ORAL CARE - Hybrid Wave brush head supports long-term oral health by cleaning the entire mouth; Enjoy invigorating teeth brushing, a gentle gum massage, as well as a tongue and cheek cleaner on the back
- ULTRA-HYGIENIC & 2x STRONGER BRISTLES - PBT polymer bristles combine with double strength, bounce-back silicone bristles, extending the brush head lifespan while maintaining the quality of medical-grade silicone
Skincare lovers might know Foreo® as the brand behind the quirky silicone facial cleansing brush. The ISSA® 2 Toothbrush ($169) uses the same concept — flexible silicone and polymer bristles — to provide a deep clean, but for teeth. This brush is waterproof and boasts a year-long charge.
- Advanced Features: Bluetooth connectivity and built-in tongue scraper for a more thorough clean.
- Smart Timer: Automatically shuts off after 2 minutes for a gentle clean.
Quip® (from $25) has quickly become the cool kid of toothbrushes, thanks to its sleek, Instagram®-worthy shape and color options (which range from pastels to metallics). It’s worth noting that this brush is battery-powered, so there’s no clunky charging device to clutter up your sink space. Also, the brand has a subscription model that delivers new brush heads to your door every three months.
Apa® Clean White Sonic Toothbrush
- Complete oral care with smart sensor technology for an exceptional clean
- Removes up to 10x more plaque and improves gum health up to 7x in just 2 weeks (in gum health mode vs. a manual toothbrush)
Created by the eponymous celebrity dentist, Apa® Clean White Sonic Toothbrush ($250) makes brushing feel more luxurious than inconvenient. Tap the sleek central button to toggle between three settings: clean, whiten, and massage. The lattermost feature is intended to give your gums some TLC and/or be used on sensitive teeth.
PHILIPS One by Sonicare Battery Toothbrush
- Designed with you in mind, Philips One is a big step up from manual brushing. Battery life up to 90 days
- Micro vibrations and tapered bristles made of soft nylon gently polish teeth for a brighter smile
PHILIPS features many of the same qualities as some of its pricier counterparts; an appealing design, two speed settings, and an impressive battery life (it lasts about two weeks between charges). The bristles encircling the small, round brush head are on the softer side, but they pack a mighty cleaning punch nonetheless. We’d be remiss not to mention that the brand has a subscription service for brush heads, too.
BurstTM Rose Gold Sonic Toothbrush
No products found.
Rose gold fans (isn’t everyone?) are sure to ogle over the BurstTM Rose Gold Sonic Toothbrush ($100). But this metallic stunner is more than just a pretty facade: The bristles are infused with grime-busting charcoal (which is frequently used in deep-cleaning skincare) and they move at 33 thousand sonic vibrations every minute. Travelers, take note: a one hour charge will last up to a month.
- SUPERSIZED BRUSH HEAD FOR SUPERIOR CLEANING - The wide oval brush head coupled with a flexible neck helps target those tricky to reach areas more easily, massaging the whole mouth as it goes for an all over tingly clean.
- 3X LONGER LASTING BRISTLES - Made from vegetable based nylon bristles (which in case you're wondering are BPA-free, ADA accepted) the Flex Brush lasts 3X longer than other run of the mill toothbrushes.
The Radius® ($10) does not rely on vibrations, rotations, or oscillations — instead, its claim to fame is an oversized brush head and super-soft bristles. Using this brush might just be the closest you’ll ever get to giving your teeth a hug. Your hand will feel comfy, too, thanks to ergonomically-designed options for both lefties and righties. Lastly, you can rest assured that your beloved brush is healthy for you and the planet: Radius brushes are certified BPA-free and vegan.
Mericonn Bolke Electric Toothbrush
No products found.
In a world where everything is becoming customizable, it’s hardly surprising that dental care is following suit. ShynTM is a subscription service that delivers all your personal dental needs — including toothpaste, floss, and a high-tech brush — in a nifty package. Plus, there’s optionality with your brush head based on your tooth goals (Whitening? There’s a brush for that).