We’re selective about the formulas we use on our hair, skin, and nails. The Spotlyte 7TM highlights recently-released and/or noteworthy products you can add to your makeup bag, one day at a time. Let’s go shopping the best honey infused beauty products.
A drizzle of honey has the power to liven up even the blandest of dishes. But honey is a heavy-hitter in more than just the culinary world; the bee byproduct is an extremely versatile ingredient for skin and hair, too. As it happens, the substance is loaded with B vitamins, vitamin C, and minerals (including copper, iron, and zinc).
Unsurprisingly, the beauty industry has taken note and incorporated it into a wide range of formulas, where honey delivers increased hydration and antioxidant protection from free radicals. Moreover, honey is suitable for even the most sensitive skin — some studies have even cited it as a catalyst for wound-healing. From cleansing balm to luxe bath treatments, find seven formulas we’re sweet on below. (Then, get the buzz on bee venom in skincare.)
Best Honey Infused Beauty Products
Naturopathica® Manuka Honey Balm
- RETAIN MOISTURE: A best-seller, the Manuka Honey Cleansing Balm gently cleanses skin and melts away makeup and impurities via real New Zealand manuka honey that hydrates as it cleanses without stripping the skin of natural oils
- REDUCE STRESS: Sweet almond oil compliments this formula with vitamins E and A which are known to fight oxidative stress
If you’ve yet to hop on the cleansing balm trend, the Naturopathica® Manuka Honey Balm ($62) is a sweet place to start. In addition to its delicate honeycomb scent, it boasts a thick texture reminiscent of fresh, raw honey. A single cleanse leaves skin looking noticeably more luminous and positively free from makeup. Plus, the formula is one hundred percent natural.
Guerlain® Abeille Royale® Honey Cataplasm Mask
- Beige Royale Double R Renew & Repair Serum 50ml
- The best hygiene products for your daily life.
Some sheet masks are simply worth the splurge. Such is the case with the Guerlain® Abeille Royale® Honey Cataplasm Mask ($108 for four masks), a skin-hugging biocellulose material made from fermented, kombucha-derived ingredients. Apply, luxuriate, and expect smoother-looking skin, thanks to a plumping blend of honey and royal jelly.
Farmacy BeautyTM Honey GrailTM Ultra-Hydrating Face Oil
- Contains Vitamin C, Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid to brighten, firm and hydrate the skin
- 72% organic ingredients including Green Tea, Jojoba Oil and Witch Hazel
The clever name isn’t the only thing we love about the Farmacy BeautyTM Honey GrailTM Ultra-Hydrating Face Oil ($48). In addition to hydrating honey, the elixir contains glow-boosting fatty acids from sunflower oil and sea buckthorn oil. Despite its dense nutritional content, this oil feels surprisingly lightweight. It can also be used to tame hair flyaways (and leave a subtly sweet scent in its wake).
John Masters Organics® Honey and Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor
- HYDRATE DRY HAIR: Hydrate dry hair with 17 HERBS, PLANT EXTRACTS & ESSENTIAL OILS
- NOURISH AND MOISTURIZE HAIR: Oil from EVENING PRIMROSE adds moisture and strengthens hair, while HYALURONIC ACID, the same acid found abundantly in young hair, provides nourishment
Natural hair products can be a tough sell. However, the John Masters Organics® Honey and Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor ($29) leaves hair noticeably softer after a single use. Honey and hibiscus moisturize, while wheat and soy proteins strengthen strands with continued use.
Dr. Roebuck’sTM TamaTM Healing Mask
- Intensive hydration — a cream essence sheet mask that nourishes and hydrates the skin.
- Velvet Nano-fiber Mask Sheet — increases essence absorption x 4 compared to other mask materials.
Manuka honey plays nicely with turmeric and avocado in the Dr. Roebuck’sTM TamaTM Healing Mask ($28). Slather on the thick, nutrient-dense formula whenever skin feels inflamed, lackluster, or rough.
Origins® Clear Improvement® Charcoal Honey Mask
- Product Type:Skin Treatment Mask
- Item Package Dimension:3.6 Centimetersl X5.2 Centimeters W X13.8 Centimeters H
The Origins® Clear Improvement® Charcoal Honey Mask ($34) proves that spin-offs can be just as good — if not better — than the original. If you’ve tried the brand’s cult classic Clear Improvements mask, you’re already aware of how it draws dirt from pores like a magnet. This souped up rendition maintains the same cleansing prowess, plus a dash of skin-softening, antibacterial honey. We’d be remiss not to mention the iridescent golden formula, which gives the product a fittingly magical appearance.
Laura Mercier® Creme Brulée Honey Bath
If you’ve ever dreamed of bathing in a tub of warm honey, consider the Laura Mercier® Creme Brulée Honey Bath ($50). Not only is it much less messy than its namesake ingredient, but it also contains notes of vanilla and warm sugar. We’re partial to the adorable dispensing mechanism — a wooden honey dipper. Simply swirl a small amount into running water for an indulgent treat.