We’re selective about the formulas we use on our hair, skin, and nails. The Spotlyte 7 highlights recently-released and/or noteworthy products you can add to your makeup bag, one day at a time. Let’s go shopping!
There’s a certain satisfaction that follows a ski trip weekend: pristine photos from the slopes, memories of sipping Irish coffee in a cabin, wearing flannel while admiring the crisp white abyss. But despite the many treasures a rendezvous at a chalet can bring, it’s also common to return with winter-worn skin. (Read: flakes, ruddiness — dare we say sunburn?) To ward off potential damage and compensate for the elements, you might just need to recalibrate your skincare routine. From barrier-protecting cleansers to SPF-infused lip balm (increased altitude equals closer sun proximity!), we’ve compiled seven products guaranteed to keep your skin supple before, during, and après ski.
Summer Fridays® Jet Lag Mask
- Jet Lag Mask's award-winning, skin-soothing formula helps renew tired, dull skin. Can be used as a daily moisturizer, overnight mask or in-flight skin saver.
- Glycerin and Hyaluronic Acid naturally attract and hold moisture to relieve dryness and plump skin for a healthy glow.
As its name suggests, the Summer Fridays® Jet Lag Mask revives post-plane skin (making it particularly handy for those jetting off to the Swiss Alps). But even if your transport is strictly terrestrial, this mask is still a must-pack. The thick, fragrance-free formula instantly cools and calms wind-chapped skin, thanks to moisture-trapping sodium hyaluronate. Vitamin E provides antioxidant protection and additional nourishment.
jane iredale LipDrink Lip Balm
- This lip tint offers a new and luminous shine while the tint effect enhances the natural beauty of the lips for youthful looking lips
- It coat your lips with this lip tint for a lightweight texture that instantly melts onto lips
The jane iredale LipDrink Lip Balm is undeniably gorgeous. It’s practical, too, thanks to a healthy does of SPF 15 — which protects the (often-forgotten) lip area against damaging UV rays. Bonus: because it’s not tinted, it’s perfect slicked over any matte lip color.
DR. JART+TM Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30
No products found.
If you’ve rendered your skin raw from icy winds, the DR. JART+TM Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 can bring it back to neutral. Not only does the formula contain soothing tiger grass, but also it features a green tint to cancel out excess redness.
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Cleanser
- Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser is a daily face wash for normal to dry, sensitive skin
- Formulated with La Roche-Posay prebiotic thermal spring water, niacinamide, and ceramide-3, this face wash gently cleanses skin of dirt, makeup, and impurities while maintaining skin's natural moisture barrier and pH
Racing down the slopes with the wind whipping your face is the perfect incentive to switch to an ultra-gentle cleanser — it’ll help prevent excessive irritation. Try one containing barrier-protecting ceramides, such as La Roche-Posay Toleriane Cleanser. To ensure your skin’s moisture is at its peak on your vacation, start using a face wash like this one a few weeks before you depart.
Elta MD UV Clear Broad Spectrum SPF 46
- EltaMD UV Clear Face Sunscreen is a lightweight oil free sunscreen made with Zinc Oxide that leaves no white cast after applying and helps block damaging UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- Dermatologist recommended face sunscreen for acne prone skin helps protect against breakouts and is an essential acne sunscreen for those with acne prone skin care concerns and other sensitive skin types like rosacea and hyperpigmentation
As mentioned, sun exposure can be particularly brutal on the slopes (another reason: bright snow can reflect UV rays). Ergo, it’s imperative to slather on SPF despite the chilly temps. We love Elta MD® UV Clear Broad Spectrum SPF 46 for its versatile zinc-based formula, which can be used on even the most sensitive and/or acne-prone skin types.
Wander Beauty On-the-Glow Blush Illuminator
You know that flattering glow you get from spending a day in the snow? Even if you decide to hang back at the cabin while your pals hit the slopes, a good cream blush can fake that cold weather flush. Try the Wander Beauty® On-the-Glow Blush Illuminator, a dual-ended stick that features a dreamy blush on one end and a corresponding highlighter on the other. Bonus points for this product’s made-for-travel portability factor.
Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl Cream
- GENTLE HAND CREAM: Your hands are the first to reveal your age. Keep them guessing with this award-winning hand cream. Keep your hands healthy with the winner of Health Magazines Healthiest hand cream.
- BROAD-SPECTRUM SPF 25: A botanical brightening complex helps to even skin tone while a broad-spectrum SPF 25 sunscreen protects hands from the sun's UVA and UVB harmful rays.
Fight cracked, chapped hands with the Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl Cream. The cult classic formula smooths skin and cuticles with shea butter, avocado, and jojoba oils, while SPF 23 wards off skin-aging UV rays.