Consider the start of April as your opportunity to loosen up a little bit. We’re not telling you to start phoning it in at work or eschewing your regular responsibilities, but now that it’s finally warming up, you can let yourself breathe. Allow your beauty routine to accessorize that zen zest for life that only an injection of vitamin D can provide. Of course, our editors have a few suggestions for your seasonal switchup. Let your toes twinkle in mules with a confetti-inspired pedicure. Show off fresh spring skin with an exfoliator that mimics the effects of microdermabrasion, and a cleanser that delivers a brightening dose of oxygen. Discover all that and more when you keep reading.
Klorane Purifying Mist With Aquatic Mint
- This plant-based detox dry shampoo removes impurities from the scalp, quickly absorbs oil and refreshes sweaty hair in minutes without water. Go longer between washes on-the-go or after a workout.
- Powered by Aquatic mint to clean hair and impurities while leaving a fresh, cooling sensation on the scalp.
Who: Lauren Levinson, Editorial Director
What: Klorane® Purifying Mist With Aquatic Mint
Why: My favorite dry shampoo brand released another hair refresher — this one aimed at masking smells (campfires, cooking scents, post-workout sweat, etc). It neutralizes odors with a lovely mint-lemon-and-tea scent. In addition, it has detoxifying benefits for the scalp, protects hair from pollution, and helps to tame frizz. The fact that it’s vegan, housed in eco-friendly packaging, and comprised of a 95 percent natural formula makes it a winner during the month of Earth Day.
JINSoon Nail Polish
What: JINSoon® Nail Polish
Why: This confetti-infused nail polish is inspired by the origami that brand founder Jin Soon Choi’s mother makes. The vibrant polish can be used as a top coat (I layered it over a creamy pastel pink) or on its own for a festive nail art look that takes minimal painting skills. I plan to wear it later this spring on my toes, peeking out of sandals.
OLLY Sleep Gummies
- OLLY SLEEP GUMMIES: Our Melatonin gummies with L-Theanine and Botanicals help boost your natural sleep hormone mellow your mind and calm your senses so you can relax and enjoy restful sleep
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product; Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
What: OLLY® Sleep Gummies
Why: I take OLLY’s original Restful Sleep gummies nightly thanks to the ideal blend of melatonin, L-theanine, chamomile extract, passion flower extract, and lemon balm. This new formula has me jazzed thanks to added beauty benefits. In addition to the aforementioned ingredients, it also has a Plant Ceramide Complex to help hydrate skin from the inside out. I expect these fruity little bites and my silk pillowcase to help me wake up with smoother-looking skin.
Nude Envie Lip Gloss
- Get Extra Glossy, Shiny and Seductive Lips – The perfect peachy shade with a pearly sheen. An extra silky and glossy formula for shiny, seductive lips. Long lasting with added peptides with the power to create the perfect lips.
- Softer & Smoother Lips - Keeps lips soft, smooth, and ultra-hydrated. Don’t compromise- enjoy rich colors and rich hydration with the nourishing ingredients that will soften your lips and add dimension and luster to the lips. The gloss is silky and not sticky and smells great!
Who: Joslyn Winkfield, Senior Visuals Editor
What: Nude Envie® Lip Gloss
Why: Even though the industry has made leaps and bounds with the concept of different shades of “nude,” for some reason I still struggle to find lip products that work for me. Perhaps it’s because my lips — especially the perimeter — are naturally on the darker side, but glosses don’t ever seem to cover my pout evenly without washing me out. This one is the definition of “your lips, but better” for brown girls. Just a touch darker than my coloring, it goes with any and everything, and isn’t sticky at all.
Peach & Lily Power CalmTM Hydrating Gel Cleanser
- Texture: a lightweight, hydrating gel that lathers into a soft, milky foam
- Scent: a faint, calming herbal scent with top notes of lavender and base notes of camellia and chamomile
What: Peach & Lily® Power CalmTM Hydrating Gel Cleanser
Why: There’s just something about the cleanliness and freshness of this cleanser that really makes me feel like I’m doing something special for my skin. It’s gentle, doesn’t strip my skin’s natural barriers, and my face feels soft and moisturized even before I move on to the next steps in my routine.
Zents Eau de Perfume
- SCENT LUXURY. Sparked by the fusion of healing and art, our Eau de Toilette blends with the body’s natural chemistry for a soft, subtle scent. Each perfume is handcrafted using the finest ingredients from around the world for an elevated scent experience.
- ENERGIZING & SOPHISTICATED. This scent captures the essence of an artful, sophisticated Asian tea ceremony. A crisp yet grounding aroma that balances bold citrus notes of lime, petitgrain and bergamot with calming herbal notes of lavender and oolong tea.
What: Zents Eau de Perfume
Why: Spring is in the air and I’m ready to smell like a fresh bed of lavender and oolong tea, and that’s exactly the scent of this fragrance. A little goes a long way — just a spritz on each wrist will do.
COVERGIRL ExhibitionistTM Mascara
- SHOW-STOPPING VOLUME: Create full, defined lashes that stand out with this volumizing mascara
- SMOOTH APPLICATION: Formula glides on smooth with no flaking or smudging
Who: Emily Orofino, Senior Beauty Editor
What: COVERGIRL® ExhibitionistTM Mascara
Why: I have been saying for the better part of a decade that I only like mascaras that give me “drag queen lashes,” and after testing this launch at a literal drag queen brunch event, I can say it lives up to my expectations. The hourglass-shaped bristles hug every last lash to evenly coat them for ostentatious volume with fluttery separation. Even better, there’s no flaking or smudging, and the formula is comparable to prestige ones I’ve tried at a fraction of the price.
LanoTM Aussie FlyerTM Leave-On Recovery Mask
- The Aussie Flyer is a Leave-On Recovery Mask for dried out, dull, jetlagged skin. A powerful blend of lanolin, mint & coffee reboots dull, dry skin and brings back moisture, glow, and radiance.
- All our products are made with Lanolin - a deeply moisturizing oil naturally occurring in sheep’s wool. Lanolin mimics the skin’s own oils to heal and hydrate and is so safe doctors recommend it to treat burns.
What: LanoTM Aussie FlyerTM Leave-On Recovery Mask
Why: The thick, rich texture of this lanolin-powered mask would make you think that it would clog pores, leave skin greasy, or feel heavy on the skin — but all three of those characteristics are untrue. Instead, it dries to a satin finish, making it an easy overnight treatment (my preferred use) or travel go-to. I love layering it over my stronger glycolic or retinol serums to ensure that my face doesn’t look patchy or parched upon rising. It contains caffeine and ginger to invigorate the skin, too.
Revlon Illuminance Skin-Caring Liquid Foundation
- ALL-IN-ONE MOISTURIZER - The #1 anti-aging facial moisturizer in America works to reveal healthier, younger-looking skin instantly and over time by providing intense hydration plus powerful anti-aging benefits.
- REAL RESULTS - Contains high concentrations of niacinamide, squalane & peptide-lipid complex to reverse top signs of aging skin in 2 weeks: fine lines, pores, dullness, plumpness, dryness, wrinkles, texture, firmness, elasticity and uneven skin tone.
What: Revlon Illuminance Skin-Caring Liquid Foundation
Why: My everyday base formula is Revlon, but I seek out higher coverage for special events, so I was thrilled to learn of this new addition to the Revlon range. It’s not just full coverage, but claims all-day wear with a velvet matte finish. I was hesitant at first to test it — most mattes tend to deteriorate throughout the day, or leave me feeling parched and looking cakey — but my fears were unfounded. The surprisingly weightless formula contains ceramides to keep skin hydrated (and smooth!) and didn’t budge, even though I wore it for over 16 hours. Even better, it comes in 20 shades.
Philosophy hope in a jar overnight power hydrator
- Product Benefits: fights dehydration, dullness and rough texture.
- Skin Type: all skin types
What: Philosophy hope in a jar overnight power hydrator
Why: Similar to the satisfaction I feel when purging a blackhead, I absolutely love watching my dead, dry skin visibly clump up and roll off my face while using this product. The peeling agents work to exfoliate away pore-clogging impurities, while sweeping off dead skin cells, revealing a smooth, polished complexion in its wake.
Algenist ALIVETM Prebiotic Balancing Moisturizer SPF 15
- Color Morphing Detox and Balance Mask - This prebiotic mask rebalances and detoxifies skin with prebiotic and probiotic. On application, it transforms from mint green to pink and visibly re-balances, leaving skin feeling alive and hydrated.*
- Algae Prebiotic - Prebiotic active from microalgae helps to balance skin's microbiome and revitalize skin for a radiant, smooth, more even look.*
What: Algenist ALIVETM Prebiotic Balancing Moisturizer SPF 15
Why: With spring upon us, it feels instinctive to refresh your beauty routine, which is why I recently added this lightweight moisturizer to my regimen. Formulated with a prebiotic from algae, as well as a probiotic, this product balances the skin’s natural surface bacteria to boost skin health and create a more even-toned complexion. As a bonus, it includes a mineral SPF 15, so skin is protected from that springtime sunshine.
TATCHA Ageless Revitalizing Neck Cream
- ANTI-OXIDANT RICH cream developed to specifically hydrate, smooth, and nourish the delicate skin on the neck and décolletage for a visibly renewed look. For all skin types.
- SKIN ON THE NECK is put through stress from constant movement and sun exposure, and is naturally prone to premature aging.
What: TATCHA Ageless Revitalizing Neck Cream
Why: Very few beauty products feel as luxurious as this neck cream — seriously. The decadent texture effortlessly coats my neck and décolletage to hydrate, smooth, and brighten the area with every application. Infused with vitamin C, squalene, and hyaluronic acid, this cream improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while creating firmer-looking skin over time. Considering this area is prone to premature aging (hello, sun damage and tech neck!), adding a neck cream like this one into your routine is definitely advisable.
CLETM Cosmetics Radiant Skin Oxygen Foam Cleanser
What: CLETM Cosmetics Radiant Skin Oxygen Foam Cleanser
Why: This self-foaming cleanser is a game-changer (especially for someone new to oxygen-infused products, like me). You apply it to clean, dry skin in a thin, even layer, and then wait 30 seconds for the magic to happen. Right before your eyes, the clear gel you applied magically transforms into a creamy, fluffy layer of foam. I love how this cleanser leaves my face feeling refreshed — not stripped — and looking instantly brighter.
Sulwhasoo Bloomstay Vitalizing Water
What: Sulwhasoo® Bloomstay® Vitalizing Water
Why: I was impressed with every product in this lovely, petal-inspired skincare collection, but the Vitalizing Water stands out as my favorite of the (flower) bunch. It functions as an essence — applied to the skin post-cleaning, pre-serum — and is watery enough to easily distribute, but feels bouncy in my palm and silky when smoothed across my face. I’m also not particularly fond of unabashedly feminine floral scents, but the line’s light and lovely plum blossom fragrance puts a smile on my face every time I use it.
Glossier Mango Balm Dotcom
What: Glossier Mango Balm Dotcom
Why: Everyone’s favorite multipurpose balm got a fresh, fruity makeover, just in time for spring. This ripe, juicy scent is totally transportive — one swipe of the translucent coral balm across my lips, and I already feel that much closer to vacation. I plan on stocking up so I can keep one in every bag so I’m never more than one swipe away from my imaginary tropical paradise (even if I’m really waiting for the G train).
Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss
- Incredible volume effect that instantly plumps up lips
- Lips appear full, smooth and moisturized
What: Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss Plumper for Women
Why: I was initially attracted to this gloss for its plumping promises (delivered through some heavy-hitting hyaluronic acid). But it was an incredible volume effect that instantly plumps up lips — that hooked me for good. The color-shifting element is subdued enough to wear every day, yet it still maintains a level of whimsicality that elicits compliments.
Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Face Primer
- Banana Bright Face Primer is a subtly sunny makeup primer that creates a dewy, healthy-looking glow, while improving and extending makeup wear
- Travel Sized Tube with Pump contains 0.5 Fluid Ounces
What: Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Face Primer
Why: Hot off the heels of the brand’s ultra-popular banana eye creme, this primer contains a bevy of the same ingredients — namely, light-reflecting pigments (which brighten on contact) and vitamin C (which brightens over time). The formula dispenses with a buttery yellow tint, but a few rubs and it sheers out to an I-just-slept-eight-hours glow.
Essie Flying Solo Collection
- Periwinkle blue nail polish with violet iridescence
- the nail color authority
What: Essie Flying Solo Collection
Why: A single swipe of this iridescent polish turns any of my DIY paint jobs into manicure magic — or, at least, a multidimensional combination of blue and violet. I’m delighted every time it catches the light.
DRMTLGY Universal Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 46
- Super Effective Pairing: The tinted moisturizer provides sheer color coverage & minimizes the appearance of fine lines while the dermabrasion scrub gently removes dead skin cells for a radiant glow.
- All in One: Formulated as a combination sunscreen and foundation, the tinted moisturizer provides sheer color coverage, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and blends naturally to match every skin tone.
What: DRMTLGY Universal Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 46
Why: The product offers a super-effective pairing of a dermabrasion scrub and a tinted moisturizer. It doesn’t just provide sheer color coverage, but also minimizes the appearance of fine lines, which I found beneficial. I loved how it matched our various skin tones naturally, thanks to its all-in-one formulation.
AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque
What: AMOREPACIFIC® Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque
Why: This new wash-off masque from AMOREPACIFIC combines AHA with natural enzymes from papaya and “friendly” lactobacillus bacteria to provide a gentle at-home peel. It turns white as soon as it comes into contact with skin, then tingles slightly as it goes to work. In only five minutes, the job is done, leaving your skin smooth and bright. And, thanks to green tea extract, your skin is nourished and hydrated as well.
YonKa Sensitive Creme Anti-Rougeurs
- SENSITIVE SKIN MOISTURIZER: Specially formulated to be gentle on your skin to reduce redness, itching, or discomfort from daily intense external factors such as cold, heat, and pollution.
- EXCLUSIVE SENSIBIOTIC: A unique combination of pre and probiotics and sea mayweed forms a treatment created to soothe skin and make it comfortable.
What: YonKa® Sensitive Creme Anti-Rougeurs
Why: No stranger to rosacea and the struggles of covering it up, I was thrilled when I came across a new weapon in my fight against redness. This cream not only packs in the moisture, but it also has a slight green tint that helps blunt the unwanted rouge that spreads across my cheeks. And, no, it doesn’t leave your whole face green; this wonderfully silky formula absorbs deep into your skin, tamping down on the red, while leaving everything hydrated and glowing.